busy streets and frantic people
the south city vibe is hitting hard
a constant hum from downtown lifestyles
Vancouver's in the air
fancy scarves and sleek sunglasses
men with hats and business suits
crowded by the lonesome people
ones that have no where to go
the south city vibe is hitting hard
a constant hum from downtown lifestyles
Vancouver's in the air
fancy scarves and sleek sunglasses
men with hats and business suits
crowded by the lonesome people
ones that have no where to go
a mixed diversion of these faces
attracting stares and sympathy
Spoons will play us one more song
with hopes that money will transpire
take me back to surf and sun
where life is easy and waves are fierce
let me sit on the roof once more
enjoying
the
exsistance
and
my
place
within
this
world
attracting stares and sympathy
Spoons will play us one more song
with hopes that money will transpire
take me back to surf and sun
where life is easy and waves are fierce
let me sit on the roof once more
enjoying
the
exsistance
and
my
place
within
this
world





1 comment:
So a lack of comments, eh? Well work can wait a few more minutes.
Glad to see you still enjoy writing; I liked the line: "Spoons will play us one more song" and the last stanza worked really well. It even made me wish I was back in NZ dspite the fact I've never been.
Bah, I better stop talking about the poem or else i'll nerd out and do start doing a crit on it (stupid major!) So do you still write a lot or was this a rare occasion?
I wish I had a friend named Spoons....
Post a Comment