"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

New Journeys....

Thursday, February 28, 2008

In humanity...

I have always thought of myself as an honest person.  When I was three years old I stole a pack of Barbie stickers from Safeway.  My Mum was so angry with me that she was determined to march me back to the grocery store and make me apologize.  Terrified of what would come of it, I cried so hard that instead Mum burnt the stickers in our fireplace...I have never stolen anything since.

When our house got broken into a few weeks ago I felt violated.  Coming home to open doors, a scared roommate, and half of my belongings was a feeling that i will never wish upon anyone.  I simply could not understand what brings someone to do such a thing....drugs are not an excuse.  

In the weeks following I found it very hard to trust anyone.  I still do not feel entirely safe at home, and feel hassled by the fact that I need to double lock everything in my room.  I found myself angry at others, and not able to place confidence in our very own human race.

I am happy to say that I have since overcome that thanks to a darling couple at Womadeliade with whom I gave my Beautiful Girls Cd to.  I fully expected them to get it signed, take off with it, and never to return again.  Because of their actions, I know feel once more that there are quality people left in this world.  A shout out to that couple.  Thanks for allowing me to see the good in people again. 


"Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement."--Alfred Adler

No comments: