I was fortunate enough to be able to travel with him (all expenses paid) to Adelaide where he was running his stall at the World Music Festival. What all does that mean you may ask? Well, for me it meant that i got to work in a wicked environment while watching and listening and partying with unreal bands and people all the while getting paid. The five days there (that's right, I took time off teaching for this!) was fantastic, and hot...very, very hot. The temperature was above forty degrees for almost the entire time, but the heat just added to the whole allure of the festival.
I left feeling so exhilarated, especially after seeing John butler Trio twice, as well as the Beautiful Girls (not to mention a signed CD by them as well).
My music fest continued on well after I returned with me attending an intimate concert put on by Iron and Wine as well as previously attending The Laneway Festival--a show in Melbourne where they closed down a major city centre street in order for over 30 artists to come and showcase their abilities. I was lucky enough to watch The Stars, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Feist, Gotye, and many more perform at this ridiculously unique venue.
It is safe to say that for me music really does heal my soul.





No comments:
Post a Comment