"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

New Journeys....

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!



Today I ran in the Mother's Day Classic and am happy to report that the event drew more than 65,000 participants walking or running for breast cancer research across Australia. With over $800 000.00 raised, the event was truly successful! The crowd and energy was amazing and it was great to see so many faces out. I ran the race (with very sore calves...thanks Body Attack) in less than 43 minutes (ranking 985 out of 3845)which was fairly good for me, although, that time has nothing on the guy that came in first place, finishing in 26 minutes!!


I just wanted to give a shout out to everyone for their support, and a special thanks to Katy for showing up to cheer me on, even if I didn't get to see her!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I am truly proud of you my dear. Good for you for being apart of that extremely large number and increasing the awarness of breast cancer.... I can't believe how well you placed... that is unbelievable! I think some of the walkers would have beat me!
Sorry I couldn't find you! Love you HEAPS xx