"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

New Journeys....

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Why being a Paleontologist is better than a NASCAR racecar driver...


Just when I didn't think that it was possible...I have become more in love with dinosaurs. Today I went to the IMAX to see Dinosaurs in 3-D and it was UNREAL. I always took for granted going to the IMAX with school when I was younger, but try seeing one of the 3-D movies now and you will have a way bigger appreciation for it. Right when the Patagosaurus came charging towards me and tried to bite my head it made me feel as though I was really living amongst them!! I now think that I want to change my second career choice (if teaching doesn't work out) from Race Car Driver to Paleontologist. Seriously, if you haven't gone to see the movie already...do it, it is well worth the $15.
And now...reasons why being a Paleontologist is better than being a NASCAR racecar driver (feel free to add on at will) :
1. Some dinosaurs can go a lot faster than Mario Andretti
2. Your profession no longer becomes lethal as your biggest predator is already dead
3. There are a lot more types of dinosaurs then there are race cars
4. You get to do site work in sweeter places (like South America)
5. Ross Geller is instantly your friend
6. Although the income is a lot less desirable, your contribution to your profession is much more influential
7. Riding a dinosaur would be a lot more fun than driving a race car (especially if you chose the pterodactyl)
8. You could get asked the question "Would you rather be the top scientist in your field or have mad cow disease" by Will Ferrell
9. The lab coats are sweet
10. You get to work as a team and in the wise words of Alidar, "If we work as a team, they can't beat us"

No comments: