I have now been in Melb. for three weeks and things are really going well--even the weather has decided to cooperate...tomorrow it is supposed to be 27 degrees and with no scheduled work, it will be a great day to hit the beach!
Just a few updates for those that are following the journey:
1. Our house is hosting a Housewarming Halloween Extravaganza next weekend. It should be pretty unreal as we are only letting in people with sweet costumes...watch for photos to come!
2. I now get Internet at my place (but only in the backyard) which makes it difficult when it is raining.
3. WE ARE GETTING A KITTEN! Although I am super excited for this, the reason is a little obscure. We are getting a cat because we can't get rid of our mice. I think that this plan will work, but I am a little wary as to what we will get if we find that we have larger home invaders....fingers crossed that doesn't happen!
4. I have recently learned that no students under the age of 12 should be allowed to make their own lunches. In my last week of teaching, I have witnessed numerous dietary monstrosities. Amongst the numerous Nutella and butter sandwiches, one of my students brought in white bread filled with syrup...that's right, just syrup. When I asked him what he was thinking, he simply replied "What...it's tasty!".
5. Many schools here have their students call the teachers by their first names. After being introduced as Lindsay numerous times, I am going to have to come up with a much better excuse as to why I am not Lindsay Lohan.
6. My biceps are getting huge...measurements to come...!
Just a few updates for those that are following the journey:
1. Our house is hosting a Housewarming Halloween Extravaganza next weekend. It should be pretty unreal as we are only letting in people with sweet costumes...watch for photos to come!
2. I now get Internet at my place (but only in the backyard) which makes it difficult when it is raining.
3. WE ARE GETTING A KITTEN! Although I am super excited for this, the reason is a little obscure. We are getting a cat because we can't get rid of our mice. I think that this plan will work, but I am a little wary as to what we will get if we find that we have larger home invaders....fingers crossed that doesn't happen!
4. I have recently learned that no students under the age of 12 should be allowed to make their own lunches. In my last week of teaching, I have witnessed numerous dietary monstrosities. Amongst the numerous Nutella and butter sandwiches, one of my students brought in white bread filled with syrup...that's right, just syrup. When I asked him what he was thinking, he simply replied "What...it's tasty!".
5. Many schools here have their students call the teachers by their first names. After being introduced as Lindsay numerous times, I am going to have to come up with a much better excuse as to why I am not Lindsay Lohan.
6. My biceps are getting huge...measurements to come...!





No comments:
Post a Comment