"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

New Journeys....

Sunday, December 02, 2007

A Banks Ave. Reunion.



Since I have come to Australia i have come to many realizations, with one of them beings how much I loved New Zealand. Although Australia has been awesome and I am really enjoying myself, i have found that i have begun to yearn for NZ and the people that i have met there. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to have them fairly close by, with a visit not too hard to manage. That was exactly what made the perk to this weekend, as Pauline and Nicola (two teachers from banks Ave Primary School where I completed my PSIII placement) came to visit. Now they warned me that the visit would be short, but we managed to fit in just enough time for all of the important things--like shopping an gossip! The two came from Christchurch for literally 32 hours, arriving early Saturday morning and leaving just before dinner on Sunday night!

It was so great to be able to see the girls again because they really became my family when I was in NZ. After us three buying half of Melbourne, cakes included, I will be happy to visit them once again in the new year...and hopefully more permanently in another year to come (I am still looking into moving to NZ for a while, so Murray, if you are reading this...if a job becomes available at Banks Ave...let me know!!).

No comments: