I can't believe that I have only been in New Zealand for a week and a half, it seems as though I have been here for so much longer and I think that is mainly because I have been able to do so many things.
I have a great room mate named Katherine who I have been lucky enough to have show me around Christchurch. She has been a real big help in helping me find some key places, like grocery stores and the Botanical Gardens, a great place full of nature that is located in downtown Christchurch.
I have a great room mate named Katherine who I have been lucky enough to have show me around Christchurch. She has been a real big help in helping me find some key places, like grocery stores and the Botanical Gardens, a great place full of nature that is located in downtown Christchurch.
At the Botanical Gardens
The last week has really been an adventure, as one of my best friends Shannon and her boyfriend Krafty were able to come and visit me in Christchurch. We decided to rent a car and drive down to Queenstown where Krafty's friend lives. I had an amazing few days there and was able to do all sorts of things like skydiving and cliff jumping--I really was able to challenge my comfort zone, which was an amazing feeling.
Bert and I after cliff jumping
The week ended much to soon, and now that Shannon and Krafty are gone, I am feeling kind of sad that they have left. It was so great to see them. If anything, there visit has gotten me so excited to see the rest of the Canadian group when they come, and also to start teaching. I was finally able to see my school in real life, and have a meeting there next Monday which I am really excited for.
Shannon and I in Queenstown (best travel buddies ever)
I think that is about it for now. I am definitely continuing to live and love life here in New Zealand!





No comments:
Post a Comment