"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and
controversy"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

New Journeys....

Monday, January 08, 2007

A New Journey

Los Angeles, CA:
Wow! It is hot here. I arrived at LAX about two hours ago and it was 28 degrees celcius! The flight was great and I had a chance to talk quite a lot to a lady who lives in Auckland which was neat--it got me excited for the trip. I still have a lot of butterflies though and have realized that airports can be quite lonely places when you are on your own. I keep thinking of the movie "Love Auctually" with Hugh Grant and his talk at the beginning about airports. They really do mark the beginning of a new journey whether you are arriving or departing. There are so many people going different ways...the two guys from the US who are heading to Australia but almost couldn't go because on of their girlfriends didn't know that you needed a visa to enter; the guy dressed in brown who I immediately new was a Canadain--wow, we are more destinctive than we think; and the European guy who just got upgraded! Either way, we all have our own stories and this is mine. A life changing opportunity awaits me and I will be ready to embrace it with open arms!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Hi Lindsay,

Enjoy your teaching experience in NZ. Look forward to hearing more about your trip.

Brad