Because the have no body to dance with...!!
Happy (Belated) Halloween!
Perhaps one of the most disappointing things about Australia (believe me, it is pretty hard to find some), is the fact that Halloween is pretty much non-existent here. Not only do hardly any kids go trick or treating, the joys of dressing up just don’t seem to appeal to the grown up audience either. I knew that with my love for both the holiday and dressing up in cardboard, there was no way that I would let this Halloween pass without celebrating. It wasn’t hard to convince with girls that we should have a party, so after a few weeks of preparation, a party we did have!!
Now, if we were going to do this, we were going to do it right. We decked our house to the nines—which was more difficult to do than I had originally imagined since the availability of Halloween party supplies was pretty much non-existent. Not only did we have flying ghosts, but we had eyeballs, spiders, pumpkins (the smallest I have ever carved in my life!!) and much more.
The party was a huge success and lasted over 18 hours!! Although not everyone was quite comfortable dressing up, I did my usual and adorned myself with the oh-so-infamous cardboard—otherwise known as “The One Night Stand”!!
I am happy to be able to shy that I have shared my love for cardboard, and the holiday all around the globe!!
Happy (Belated) Halloween!
Perhaps one of the most disappointing things about Australia (believe me, it is pretty hard to find some), is the fact that Halloween is pretty much non-existent here. Not only do hardly any kids go trick or treating, the joys of dressing up just don’t seem to appeal to the grown up audience either. I knew that with my love for both the holiday and dressing up in cardboard, there was no way that I would let this Halloween pass without celebrating. It wasn’t hard to convince with girls that we should have a party, so after a few weeks of preparation, a party we did have!!
Now, if we were going to do this, we were going to do it right. We decked our house to the nines—which was more difficult to do than I had originally imagined since the availability of Halloween party supplies was pretty much non-existent. Not only did we have flying ghosts, but we had eyeballs, spiders, pumpkins (the smallest I have ever carved in my life!!) and much more.
The party was a huge success and lasted over 18 hours!! Although not everyone was quite comfortable dressing up, I did my usual and adorned myself with the oh-so-infamous cardboard—otherwise known as “The One Night Stand”!!
I am happy to be able to shy that I have shared my love for cardboard, and the holiday all around the globe!!





No comments:
Post a Comment